You can live without food for 3 weeks but you can only live without water for 3 days and without air for only 3 minutes!
- Our bodies are mostly made of water – our blood is 79% water, 85% of the brain is water, 10% of teeth is water!
- Like hunger pains, we have thirst pains. Chronic joint pain, headaches and gastric ulcers are often the result of dehydration.
- Children lose proportionally more fluids through sweat than adults – hydration alert!
- Coffee dehydrates you only if you overdo it. Coffee lovers, go ahead and enjoy, just don’t drink more than 3 cups a day.
- The average adult at rest inhales around 7 liters of air per minute. That’s enough to fill an Olympic sized swimming pool every 227 days!
- Most of our oxygen doesn’t come from the forest but from the ocean. Ocean algae produce the majority of oxygen in the atmosphere!
- Children breathe in 4 times more air per pound of body weight than adults. And their lungs are still developing until age 6-8.
- Breathing more doesn’t give your body more oxygen. In fact, breathing more than your body requires (hyperventilating) can actually deprive your body of the oxygen it needs.